Skip to content
- You must be at least 21 years of age and living on your own
- All current pets in the household MUST be spayed/neutered. The only exception is if they have health issues preclude this surgery. Verification will be required.
- All current pets in your home MUST be up to date on vaccinations and be maintained on monthly heartworm preventative. We will call your vet to verify this information.
- Have a clear background check (i.e. no felonies, restraining orders, abuse charges, recent history of financial issues, or other charges that demonstrate questionable responsible behavior)
- We do not adopt out dogs as gifts or surprises! Absolutely no exceptions.
- We adopt companion only dogs. No Emotional Support or Service dogs. We are not equipped to train and evaluate such needs.
- If you rent, you must provide your landlord’s name, and phone number. We will verify with your landlord that you are allowed to have a dog.
- Applicants are willing to make a lifelong commitment to love and care for their adopted dog.
- All applicants are willing to have a volunteer do a home visit where all family members are present.